Last week, I celebrated my 24th birthday. It was my champagne birthday (turned 24 on the 24th) and although it’s not a big milestone like a 30th would be, it was still a reminder that the years seem to be passing by quicker with every year. Since there’s only less than one year left until I am a quarter of the century, I thought it would be a good time to make a bucket list of the top 25 things I want to do before I turn 25.
I feel as though putting this up on the Internet will keep me accountable to these goals, so here they are:
1. Start & finish a project life album (Complete 1 Scrapbook page a week for a year).
2. Cook a turkey by myself.
3. Create a budget with Will and stick to it.
6. Lay under the stars & live in the moment.
7. Say “no” more often.
8. Commit to an exercise and diet plan & get to the top of the rope at gymnastics.
9. Learn how to cook an over-easy egg. (Full disclosure: I already learned how to cook one this weekend, but it was after my birthday so it still counts!)
10. Go on an all-inclusive vacation with Will.
11. Go on a weekend getaway and turn off my phone for the whole weekend.
12. Go on a coffee date by myself.
14. Learn how to take better photos.
15. Write random notes of kindness and send them via snail mail.
16. Participate/compete in an extreme sporting event.
17. Choose a book by random in the store and read it.
19. Reconnect with an old friend I haven’t seen for a while.
20. Go to a concert.
21. Learn a new skill.
23. Buy red lipstick and actually wear it.
24. Play Scrabble with my in-laws.
Seems like a lot for one short year, but I think the items on this list are all important things I should complete before I turn 25. I am so excited to start crossing things off the list and really take advantage of this year. If you think there’s anything I missed, please let me know in the comments below!